Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Prologue

“Here’s one for the road!” Almost everyone was drunk. Well almost everyone, I wasn’t. I was to be the driver, which is if the handsome hunks didn’t get unruly. Those Samsons and Hercules, they were the people who made the rules. I was but a mere mortal in front of these Greek gods. Who was I to come in their way? I was really hoping things didn’t get out of hand, that I would drive without any fuss from these dudes. Of course, they had to impress the chicks who were with us, so I was very much expecting these guys to try and take away the keys from me. I was hoping against hopes, because in the next few minutes, one of the girls wanted to get naughty. This meant that we were to leave the club. I rose silently, keeping the keys to our Mondeo firmly in my palms.

“Where are the fucking keys, man?” drawled Ritz. It was his car; he had the complete right to ask for the keys to his car. “With me,” I answered, “and I’m driving”, I continued. ‘Let it pass, let it pass!’ I was praying. “Why the fuck should you drive my fucking car, dude?” shouted Ritz. “You’re drunk, that’s why,” I reasoned, knowing fully that it wasn’t going to help. Twisting my hand, Ritz simply took the keys and said smugly “Now I’m driving”. He had one of those stupid grins of satisfaction. Sometimes I wonder how I got into this august company, these rascals. We were going to kill somebody tonight, it was destined.

The car roared through the night; the silencers had been removed. I’d have tried to keep the noise to a minimum; didn’t want to disturb too many people. But these horny buggers were gunning for it. This testosterone was going to end it all on the roads. I was waiting for the inevitable, sitting with the sticky sluts behind. Eyes closed, saying a silent prayer, I was telling God to forgive these idiots for the deaths they will be causing tonight. And I asked him to forgive me too, for my incapability to stop these rats from following the Pied Piper to their deaths.

We had crashed into three cars, in different manners and our car had turned turtle. Ritz was barely alive; I had broken my ribs and most of my limbs. My head was swimming as I realized that I was lying amongst a pair of dead female bodies. A night of desire had sent them far away. We were so damn screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment